Jewelry Exchanges & Returns
At HotMixCold, we are committed to customer satisfaction, and we work hard to craft personalized jewelry that looks great and lasts. If the piece of jewelry you receive doesn’t match your expectations, we want to make it right. That’s how we became one of the top jewelers on Etsy! On this page, we outline our simple process for exchanges and returns. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us to learn more.
Jewelry Repairs & Exchanges
Always contact our team before returning your items. We send and receive numerous packages each day, and we want to ensure yours will not be lost and that we understand why we’re receiving the return item. If we are not contacted prior to your sending the item, we will not be responsible if the item is lost or returned to you. Our jewelry repair and exchange policies are as follows:
- If we made a mistake, we will pay for shipping both ways and repair or exchange the item.
- If you want a different size or style, we will happily exchange the item within 7 days of receipt, but there will be a small fee assessed, and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
- If you receive an item that arrived broken, please contact us right away. We will pay for your cost of shipping and will be happy to repair it for you.
We do accept item returns in a number of situations, and we ask that you contact us within 3 days of delivery based on tracking status before sending back your item. This ensures we understand why we’re receiving the item. If we are not contacted prior to your sending the item, we will not be responsible if the item is lost or returned to you. Our return policies are outlined below:
- Customer is responsible for return shipping fees in almost all cases.
- Hand-stamped items are all unique, and no two are exactly the same. Since these items are created individually, there are occasion when writing or designs are not exactly centered, precisely aligned, or otherwise imperfect. This lends to the unique handmade look of each item. The character might be shown on the reverse side of the disc, this is caused by the pressure used when stamping. These irregularities can't be considered defects. No two items are exactly the same.
- These policies are applied on a case by case basis, and we have the right to refuse the return under certain circumstances.
- Check the lists below to determine whether or not your item is eligible for exchange.
Items Eligible for Return
Returned items must be postmarked within 7 days of the originally delivered date based on tracking. Contact us within 3 days from the date of receipt based on tracking. If your item is eligible for return, your refund (less shipping and handling) will be issued within 14 days when we receive the item in good condition.
Items that Are Eligible for Return
- Your jewelry order has no personalization (engraving, hand stamping, sizing).
- Your order did not have more than one item.
- Blank discs or charms with shiny texture (no personalization)
- Necklace of standard length (17” or 18” depending on item) in the original condition.
- Item is unworn, unwashed, unaltered, and in the original condition.
- Please take care when shipping the item. A restocking fee will be assessed if the returned item is in bad condition.
Items that Aren’t Eligible for Return
The following items are not eligible for return unless we made an error in your request. If this is the case, we’ll be happy to exchange your item. The following items are not eligible for return:
- All earrings for reasons of sanitation.
- All rings.
- All cuffs or bangles.
- All tattoo bracelets or necklaces.
- Personalized items (engraved or hand stamped)
- Items that have been worn or damaged due to negligence.
- Items that are not of the default or standard length or size for the item.
- Textured items (satin, brushed, hammered, hammer edged, diamond, etc.).
- Not post marked within 7 days of receipt based on tracking.
- Jewelry style customized to customer request.
- Bridal jewelry and bridesmaid gifts and gift sets.
- Orders with 3 or more items.
- Items that are not in the same condition as when shipped.